Do you want to change to the newest, most innovative and successful alternative to smoking? Have you spent hours trawling through pages and pages of information? Are you bamboozled with the vast amount of information about electronic cigarettes?
Well, you are in luck! Whether an old hand at ‘vaping’ or a new customer, let us at Vaporized try and answer your questions and queries. And, if you still can’t find your answer, don’t hesitate to email or call into the Vaporized shop where our staff will be happy to assist you and answer all your questions as well advise you on the best package for you!
As well as having a thorough FAQ page, we also compile articles that give you information about e-cig safety, health issues and the latest information to allow you to have maximum knowledge and enjoyment from your Vaporized electronic cigarette.
Electronic cigarettes, e-cigs, green smokes, vaporizers and smokeless cigarettes are all part of the revolutionary movement to help people switch from smoking harmful tobacco cigarettes to Electronic cigarettes. It’s the closest thing to a real cigarette except nothing burns so there is no smoke!
Electronic cigarettes are powered by a battery that atomizes a propylene glycol/nicotine solution. What this means is that when you inhale, the liquid is heated slightly and turns into a vapor that feels very similar to when you inhale the smoke from a tobacco cigarette.
Vaporized has specially selected electronic cigarettes that are easy to use. It is battery operated and comes with an extensive array of e-liquid capsules that will suit all tastes!
HOW IT WORKS: VAPORIZED BREAKS IT DOWN FOR YOU
You get two components; a battery and a clearomizer. You fill the clearomizer with e-liquid. Attach it to the battery and off you go. It works by forming a vapor that you inhale and gives the impression that is similar to smoking a tobacco cigarette. It is however not smoke, it is a water – based vapor. It transforms the moment you inhale. How? When you inhale, the clearomizer also known as the cartomizer and atomizer has a little element that heats up the e-liquid transforming into a vapor. The battery is rechargeable. The e-liquid comes in many different nicotine strengths and flavours, giving you complete choice to INHALE THE FREEDOM.
We aren’t doctors and this is only a set of guidelines but if you feel that you are having a few side effects or a reaction from using your e-cig, here are a few points to consider.
1. Do you have a dry mouth?
The e-liquid has propylene glycol (PG)which can cause slight dehydration and therefore dry your mouth and throat a little so we recommend drinking a little more water than you regularly drink when switching to an e-cig.
2. Having headaches?
You may be using a higher mg of nicotine than necessary. We recommend trying a lower mg of nicotine as well as switching to a lower PG level. Our new USA premium E-liquid have a lower level of PG (propylene glycol) and may be better suited to you.
For both these symptoms, it could be possible that you are over using your e-cig. This again is only a consideration and can differ from person to person. These are only guidelines but if your symptoms persist, please consult your doctor.
YES! ALL of our cartomizer tanks and clearomizer tanks are fully compatible with all of our batteries. So you can choose whatever tank and whatever battery size suits you because they all have 510/ego threading which means they screw on perfectly.
Does your battery not seem to work? There are a few things that might be causing this. Check through this list and if it still doesn’t work, pop in and we will change it for you!
1. Our batteries have a 5 click on/off function which means you have to click it 5 times to turn it on and then 5 times to turn it off. This reduces battery power being wasted whilst being in your bag or pocket. Check this first.
2. Make sure that it has been fully charged. It takes between 2-3 hours to charge your battery.
3. Make sure that the USB light is on as that indicate that it is connected and charging properly.
4. If you gentle clean inside the connecting part of the battery with a piece of dry tissue, this often helps with the connection as it occasionally can get dirty.
STILL not working? Pop in and bring in both the battery, USB and plug if you are using one. It could be one thing rather than all and we will be happy to replace it.
This depends on a variety of factors; which battery you chose, how often you use your electronic cigarette. Generally battery life:
· Small 4-6 hours
· Medium 6-8 hours
· Large 8-10 hours
· X large 12 hours
What you need highly depends on your lifestyle and usage. But for your convenience, we also have USB, USB chargers, car chargers so you can always be fully charged to see you through the day. For those of you out there who work crazy hours, we would recommend getting a starter pack that has two chargers so that when you are out and about or working a long shift, you can be happy in the knowledge that your other charger is sitting happily at home being charged.
E-liquid is a water based liquid that is used in electronic cigarettes. When you draw and inhale, the E-liquid is heated slightly and a vapor, much like the smoke from a cigarette but without the harsh smell and effect, is created. It is the E-liquid that creates the flavour. Whether you want traditional tobacco flavour or to go fruity, menthol or even sweet and delicious, Vaporized stocks them all!
One of the main worries about electronic cigarettes is whether they are safe to use and whether electronic cigarettes can really be regarded as healthy. The question therefore must start with the E-Liquid itself and the ingredients in them. So, what is in an e-cig?
The great thing about the electronic cigarettes and e-liquids stocked at Vaporized is the LACK of ingredients. Compared with the tobacco cigarettes that have tar, ammonia, carbon dioxide, not to mention the other thousands of ingredients found in tobacco, the e-liquid has only a few main components that Vaporized are happy to explain:
- Propylene Glycol – an organic compound used to help produce the vapor in e-cigs. This chemical is found in a plethora of things common consumed by humans most notably used in food and drinks to carry flavours, used in vaccines, asthma inhalers and cough relief syrups and in many cosmetic products. When ingested, the chemical is metabolized into pyruvic acid, a compound directed derived from glucose. Put simply, since this chemical is not only a natural, necessary compound for the human body plus being used in foodstuffs, we can conclude that propylene glycol is a safe substance.
- Vegetable Glycerin – again this is an organic, natural compound extracted from plants in the form of oil. Broadly speaking, glycerin is used as a sweetener. Rather than using sugar which elevates blood sugar levels and contributes to bacterial tooth decay. If fact vegetable glycerin is used in the treatment of gum disease as well as many other treatments for bacterial infection. Again, an amazingly safe ingredient.
- Nicotine – this is probably the most referred to ‘unhealthy’ component that makes up the E- Liquid. But to what extent and at which point does this apply? Nicotine is a stimulant. However at high doses it can be lethal and as many of the opponents of electric cigarettes reiterate in their arguments. It is true to say that doses of 50mg and higher can cause health problems and slightly smaller amounts may cause a little dizziness and nausea and on some occasions lowered blood pressure but what they fail to state is that these things happen at dosages that are extremely high. For example, one cigarette contains approximately 3mg! That’s 1.5% of the amount that causes any sort of unhealthy effect. At these low amounts, you experience a feeling of well-being and alertness created by an increase in the flow of dopamine which is a neurotransmitter.
In addition, switching from tobacco cigarettes to electronic cigarettes reduces your nicotine intake further. Concluding that in the dosages of nicotine present in Vaporized’s E- liquids should not cause any harmful effects if used within the guidelines and recommended amounts.
I therefore conclude that the active, main ingredients present in most E-liquids are on extreme contrast to the tobacco cigarettes that you are trying to replace. As aforementioned, the LACK of ingredients is a positive comparative and when enjoyed in moderation, can offer a healthier alternative to tobacco smoking.
Generally speaking it should last between 4 to 7 days but again this is very dependent upon how often you smoke. Put simply, an average smoker of 15 cigarettes a day using a 10ml e-liquid won’t need to replace the liquid for a week. One E-liquid is equivalent to 100 cigarettes. What does a 20 pack of cigarettes cost? 5 to 7 pounds? Based on smoking about 15 a day that as much as 70 pounds a week!!! One liquid, one week, 5 pounds!! Saving money, your health and giving you a rich array of flavours to try.
If you are switching from tobacco cigarettes and using electronic as a complete replacement or even most of the time, then the answer is NO. You are paying a very small percentage in comparison to the amount of money you spend on tobacco cigarettes.
We at Vaporized have been so impressed with the savings you can make that we have a calculator app just so you can make sure. Of course I am only talking about financial savings – the biggest draw is of course the savings that you make to your health when using electronic cigarettes rather than tobacco cigarettes.
Vaporized stocks a variety of different starter packs that vary to meet the needs of a range of customers’ budgets. What you decide on is entirely dependent upon your needs. The staff at Vaporized are happy to assist and advise you. Just pop in to the shop or send us an email.
Vaporized makes no claim that electronic cigarettes will help you quit smoking. It is not recognized as a nicotine replacement therapy.
That said, many of the prescribed medicines such as patches, inhalers, sprays and even gum all contain nicotine and are accepted as medicine or a way to help you quit smoking. Electronic cigarettes are a way to get nicotine into your system and many Vaporized customers use them to replace tobacco cigarette.
Since all the nicotine E-liquids have clearly labeled strengths that vary between 6mg to 32mg, it places the choice and control in the hands of the customers. Many of the Vaporized customers start on higher strengths of nicotine, slowly reducing the strength over time with the choice to have a nicotine-free liquid. As with most of the nicotine replacement products that are on the market, they may help you quit smoking but it starts with will -power and using them correctly.
Since Electronic cigarettes are the closest thing to cigarette, this could explain the sudden popularity to use them as substitutes for cigarettes. We at Vaporized hold no claim that they will help you quit.